Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot reset CMD31T modem

Answerplease
Aspirant

Cannot reset CMD31T modem

Have not been able to factory reset this piece of crap since the day I bought it.  Time warner swears they don't reprogram modems, modem manufacturers tell me they give them update software.

Which one of you is a liar ?   I cannot troubleshoot an intermittent connection because I cannot get modem information even after hard reset.  Getting REALLY p*ssed off.

Model: CMD31T|Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Cannot reset CMD31T modem

Hello Answerplease 

Every firmware is sent by us to the the ISP from there the ISP makes whatever changes  they feel necessary and then they push out all the firmware to the customers modems when they are ready to do so.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
Answerplease
Aspirant

I suspected as such, why do you allow them a backdoor to hose the whole thing up such that I can't get into the modem to change/check settings?

You guys are really doing yourself a disservice by allowing them full access to (i'm assuming) onboard flash. 

Message 3 of 8
Answerplease
Aspirant

BTW: if you go to the TWC boards since Charter ***** the customers.. I mean "bought" time warner. It' is nothing but " i'm constantly getting disconnected".

Message 4 of 8
Answerplease
Aspirant

Just got off the phone with them AGAIN for dropping me..

dude was probably the most honest I have dealt with, he said " they hire a 3rd party company to call you and have you drop tech visits".

and you wonder why people hate anyone involved with this stuff.

Message 5 of 8
Answerplease
Aspirant

this is funny...

My wife is aon a coference call using a VPN from a huge global company through this connection.. and suddently the drops stop.

they are definately watching the connections to see who they can drop

Message 6 of 8
Answerplease
Aspirant

Well, the dropping continues, my constant reset of the modem continues ( and works for anywhere from 2 to 24 hours) and the lies continue.

a call to TWC and they tell me they do not update modem software that is " the modem seller's job".  Had a TWC tech out and he tells me all is fine.

You people are truly pathetic on both ends.

Message 7 of 8
Answerplease
Aspirant

If a factory reset of this modem 'does not work"  . what the f**k do you people have a reset on the modem for?

Is it a "funzie" button?  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7