Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cg3000dv2 is dropping wifi

B_west53
Initiate

Cg3000dv2 is dropping wifi

Anytime I want to use wifi I have to go reset my router. And say I use my iPad for 5 minutes and put it down my network is undetectable . I've seen so many threads about this issue. I contacted my internet provider and had them come out and do tests and everything came back perfect I contacted netgear and let me just say that the fact they tried to get me to give them $90 just to more than likely hear them give me some mediocre advice was the most idiotic thing I've heard all year.... I was baffled when he said that. I told him that "I refuse To give him a penny let alone 90 f***ing dollars for him to just tell me something I already knew. So basically netgear has the laziest, greediest, and most incompetent "customer service" crew. Went to Walmart, got a linksys wrt and have had nothing but perfect functionality! 

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
RSS3
Tutor

Sorry to hear MD585 did not seem to help you. Your event log dump looks a lot like mine. I am not to savy with modems and routers and all the lingo so I cannot analyze it, I had the same critical 3, warnings 5 and error 4's. My background is large main frame design and test and thats been a while. May make me knowledgable enough to be dangerousas as they say.

Anyway, I am now post 72 hrs without any additional wifi drops. So I believe I am good. My sister reports that she is still good after 2 days.

Not saying you did not, not saying your problem is the same as mine, just ensure you follow the procedure, and I do not know if it all matters one way or the other, I just did exactly what netgear support instructed me to do:

Remove the ISP cable, then the power cord, reinstall the cable, then the power cord and I pressed and held the reset button for 40+ seconds. (He said 30 seconds)

During trouble shooting, we had changed several values (frag length, changed the channel number to 9 vs being auto). After the reset all were returned to the original values thus I assumed it had worked. Like I said, no more drops in 3 days. I did call time warner cable to alert them. 

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 19

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Since their firmware update, I have connectivity issues, WiFi Issues, and I cannot even access the admin page anymore and NO support because I'm beyond the support date unless I want to pay for it. I will not buy another Netgear product again

Message 2 of 19
jjk94
Guide

Dont have an answer for you but I believe I have problems since an update.  What ISP are you using? How do you know that it was updated.  Mine mysteriously now has a Genie Interface

Message 3 of 19
pisseduser
Aspirant

i'm having the same issue on Time warner,  which is now spectrum.   it's ever since there was a firmware update

Model: CG3000D-2CXNAS|COX N450 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 4 of 19
jjk94
Guide

Does everybody now have a new interface since an update?.  Im pretty sure I never had a guest network which I do now, As well as my Wifi password is scrolling accross those nice new Icons

Message 5 of 19
pisseduser
Aspirant

mine upgraded to netgear genie,  it was a much simpler interface before.  now it's laggy as hell and very graphic.  Also it updated my firmware to version V3.01.06 which according to this is for comcast internet not for my provider 

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25477/~/current-firmware-version-for-netgear-cable-mod...

Message 6 of 19
jjk94
Guide

Ok so at least one person has the Genie update Im assuming wasnt asked for.  That Knowledge base shows both the new Genie and the Old interface. So netgear packages a firmware update and send to ISP. ISP pushes update. Netgear Wipes their hands and want to charge $50.00 to gain access to your PC and fix your router.  How is this different than any of the other scams going on? This should be reported to the FCC.

Message 7 of 19
RSS3
Tutor

I started having the same problem along with my sister about Wednesday Oct 26,2016 as well. We are both Time Warner customers. I am NOT out of free support and have been working with netgear support. Since discovering this forum and finding a bunch of folks are having the same problem, I have updated my case pointing the rep to this forum and that there own site (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25477/~/current-firmware-version-for-netgear-cable-mod...)

says V1.01.05 be it probably not updated as it should be. I am currently awaiting his response. OK, will try to send again. Lost connection while typing.

Message 8 of 19
jjk94
Guide

Great.. Need more people to come forward. Somebody needs to be responsible for their actions to those of us that own and out of support.  They allow us to buy our own equipment and I dont' rememeber agreeing to anything where it was at my own risk

Message 9 of 19
RSS3
Tutor

OK, 24 hrs have passed since I did the following procedure given to me by the netgear support person. I have not had any additional problems. I updated him with the same news but told him I would not close the case for another day or 2 to be sure it resolves the problem. I will update here as well. I am also going to call time warner cable since they, I am sure, are getting complaints. From what I saw, I believe this firmware update V3.01.06 went across other models as well. Being different models I do not know if it effected them the same way. My reset hole is not red but it is just above the cable connection. ANyway, here is the procedure the support person gave me copy and pasted:

After reviewing the information you provided, I have a better understanding of your issue and believe I can resolve this for you. Please follow the steps below:

1.Please Remove the co-axial cable from the modem and turn off the modem and once again connect the co-axial cable back to the modem and check please.

Please follow the below steps to Hard reset the modem:

1.Please flip your device and locate the Restore factory settings red pin hole.
2.Make use of a paper clip or small pin and hold it down for 30 seconds when the device is switched on.
3.When you perform the Reset process, the power light would start to flash
4.please do reset when the device is powered on.

Message 10 of 19
MD585
Guide

I just tried that... 2 minutes after factory re-setting the modem and restarting, I was logging in and... the WiFi went down again, and needed to be unplugged.

2016-11-03, 12:18:55.0Error (4)Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.8;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:01:00:01:00:01;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2016-11-03, 12:18:55.0Error (4)Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:01:00:01:00:01;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2016-11-03, 12:17:59.0Critical (3)Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:01:00:01:00:01;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not EstablishedCritical (3)No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:01:00:01:00:01;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not EstablishedCritical (3)SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not EstablishedCritical (3)SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not EstablishedWarning (5)DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:01:00:01:00:01;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not EstablishedCritical (3)SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not EstablishedNotice (6)Honoring MDD; IP provisioning mode = IPv4
Time Not EstablishedCritical (3)SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;CM-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not EstablishedNotice (6)WiFi Interface [wl0] set to Channel 6 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INIT

Modem: n450

ISP: TWC

Message 11 of 19
RSS3
Tutor

Sorry to hear MD585 did not seem to help you. Your event log dump looks a lot like mine. I am not to savy with modems and routers and all the lingo so I cannot analyze it, I had the same critical 3, warnings 5 and error 4's. My background is large main frame design and test and thats been a while. May make me knowledgable enough to be dangerousas as they say.

Anyway, I am now post 72 hrs without any additional wifi drops. So I believe I am good. My sister reports that she is still good after 2 days.

Not saying you did not, not saying your problem is the same as mine, just ensure you follow the procedure, and I do not know if it all matters one way or the other, I just did exactly what netgear support instructed me to do:

Remove the ISP cable, then the power cord, reinstall the cable, then the power cord and I pressed and held the reset button for 40+ seconds. (He said 30 seconds)

During trouble shooting, we had changed several values (frag length, changed the channel number to 9 vs being auto). After the reset all were returned to the original values thus I assumed it had worked. Like I said, no more drops in 3 days. I did call time warner cable to alert them. 

Message 12 of 19
computering
Initiate

I just want to thank RSS3 for being a Great Samaritan; I've also had this router problem, and your fix... fixed it. There are a few other threads about this same situation on the Netgear forum, and they don't seem to be aware of the fix.

Anyway, thanks for posting your fix in this forum. I truly didn't want to have to pay the outrageous fee just to talk to a Netgear representative about what they screwed up in the first place. Netgear should have posted this fix from the start.

Message 13 of 19
B_west53
Initiate

I agree! I'm 3 days and running strong. And it's a good thing you didn't give money to the idiots at netgear!
Message 14 of 19
bobbye
Star

Bless you RSS3, tried the factory reset and it seems to made this issue go away.

MD585 - I suggest you try to eliminate this issue by disabling the wifi and see if this issue re-occurs, let us know

Message 15 of 19
Mydogsdad
Aspirant

I tried the reset, keeping my fingers crossed.  If this is the solution, Spectrum/TWC should be letting customers know as they push the firmware update.  It's a shame their technical support is so clueless.  

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 16 of 19
jjk94
Guide

So far so good.. Reset last night.  Obviously The firmware update requires a hard reset.  Well at $50.00 a pop or more if you want extended service that should help netgear out.

Thanks to all

Message 17 of 19
MD585
Guide

Can a hard reset be made, and then restore the settings from the bcakup file? I'd hate to have to re-set my IP rules and MAC addresses by hand for the 3rd time... (I've tried a hard-reset twice already)

Message 18 of 19
RSS3
Tutor

MD585 - Sorry your having so much trouble. Sorry, but I am not the one that can answer your questions. The fact that you have had to do the factory reset more than once is a concern. I did loose wifi this past Saturday, turned off then on the wifi from the button on the front of the modem. Other than that I have not had any issues since doing the reset. As far as restoring or reentering your IP and MAC addresses is not something I had to do, nor ever entered my mind. The tech support never mentioned anything about that. Like I said prior, I am a former main frame design and test engineer. Been out of that for gosh 23 years now. Modems and routers I really never got into and don't know a lot about them. If you are past the 90 days for free support you could (1) call netgear support and tell them the issues your having same as posted and hope they will kind and not charge you since they started this mess or (2) contact your ISP, explain the issue and seek help from them. They should be aware of this problem by now or maybe need to be updated. I was 4 days within the 90 day period when I contacted them via online support.

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7