Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Closed ports issues on wndr4500

Gamedroid
Tutor

Closed ports issues on wndr4500

Ive had some issues with my router with attempts to portforward for some games however, all fixes ive found around this fourm dont seem to be doing the trick. right now i have my router setup to port foward for minecraft and this dosent seem to be working.

heres the list of things ive tried so far

-reserved an ip for my desktop

-used canyouseeme port check tool (reported closed)

-used netstat -an to check port 25565 (LISTENING)

-made sure the java program was allowed through my firewall

-made sure i have a public (174.61.xxx.xx) ip

I have not power cycled it just yet and havent messed with the firmware.

if anyone could offer some insight it would be much aprreaciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Trikein
Luminary

First thing I would try is to connect to the Minecraft server from another computer on your network. This will isolate any network or firewall issues. If you can connect, how do you have the port forwarding rules configured in the router? Can you copy/paste them or attach a screenshot? If you can't connect locally, try disabling the firewall and AV all together on the server PC. 

Also, what do you have the Netgear router connected to for internet? If you have a modem and connect the server PC directly to it, can you then connect to the server from another computer off your network? The IP will be different, but you should be able to access that new IP 172.x.x.x:25565 .If not, then you know it's not a router or port forwarding issue.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Trikein
Luminary

First thing I would try is to connect to the Minecraft server from another computer on your network. This will isolate any network or firewall issues. If you can connect, how do you have the port forwarding rules configured in the router? Can you copy/paste them or attach a screenshot? If you can't connect locally, try disabling the firewall and AV all together on the server PC. 

Also, what do you have the Netgear router connected to for internet? If you have a modem and connect the server PC directly to it, can you then connect to the server from another computer off your network? The IP will be different, but you should be able to access that new IP 172.x.x.x:25565 .If not, then you know it's not a router or port forwarding issue.

Message 2 of 3
Gamedroid
Tutor

I could connect to the server via another pc so i  followed your advise on my firewall and it just seems i missed the specfic java runtime for the server to be allowed through among 5 other processes.

Thanks for the help even if it was a dumb mistake on my part.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7