Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Do not buy Nighthawk c7000v2

Njallen41
Initiate

Do not buy Nighthawk c7000v2

WiFi speeds are not what is advertised (up to 960 Mbps). I’ve seen multiple threads on this site with folks having the same issue. All “troubleshooters” on other threads blame the user and not the false advertising from Netgear. It’s extremely frustrating to see everyone is having the same issue and nothing is ever resolved.

I pay for 800 Mbps from xfinity. Hardwired, I’m getting the speeds I’m paying for. For WiFi, I’m lucky to get 250 Mbps.

I bought this modem/router specifically because it is rated to handle high internet speeds. It does not.

I will be reporting Netgear to the Better Business Bureau for fraudulent advertising.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Do not buy Nighthawk c7000v2

@Njallen41 wrote:
WiFi speeds are not what is advertised (up to 960 Mbps). I’ve seen multiple threads on this site with folks having the same issue. All “troubleshooters” on other threads blame the user and not the false advertising from Netgear. It’s extremely frustrating to see everyone is having the same issue and nothing is ever resolved.
You'll never see WiFi speeds anywhere near 900Mpbs on 5ghz AC on any 5Ghz AC wifi router. Never. 5Ghz AC devices max out at around 400-500Mpbs. Depends on how they are designed and supported. 

I pay for 800 Mbps from xfinity. Hardwired, I’m getting the speeds I’m paying for. For WiFi, I’m lucky to get 250 Mbps.
Wired ethernet speeds should be near 900Mpbs. Again you won't see that on 5Ghz AC. 

I bought this modem/router specifically because it is rated to handle high internet speeds. It does not.
It does handle high speed internet on a wired connection. Understand better on  how wifi works first. 

I will be reporting Netgear to the Better Business Bureau for fraudulent advertising.

Maybe read the specs and understand how wifi signals and connetion rates works first before making a bad decision. 

Message 2 of 4
Njallen41
Initiate

Thanks “super user” for your help and not being condescending at all. It’s always great to hear from an “expert.”

Technical Specifications:
AC1900 (600Mbps @2.4Ghz with QAM support +1300 Mbps @5Ghz 11ac)

I am now getting 800Mbps on WiFi from my now rented xfinity modem/router. I guess I’m living in the future and getting speeds that are impossible according to the “super user.”
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Those are connection rates only between the modem and wifi devices only. Not actual speed thru put thru the system. 

https://kb.netgear.com/19668/Link-Rate-and-Transfer-Speed

You don't have to take my word for it though. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7