Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have problems with my c700v2 and Ex7000 extender

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have problems with my c700v2 and Ex7000 extender

Yes PC performance can impact speed testing. 

I know my poor old dual core AMD from 11 years ago even with 8G Ram and 1Gb video card can't speed test 900Mbps. However my Mac Mini quad core can. CPU cores and speeds on PC can impact speed results along with file maintenance. 

Sounds like the modem and EX are working fine. 

Message 26 of 31
plemans
Guru

From looking at your computer specs, it only has 10/100 ethernet. I would normally tell people to upgrade that for cheap but your motherboard doesn't have much for expansion to it. Possibly you can add a gigabit usb 3.0 adapter and see how that helps. those can usually be purchased for $10-20 from amazon. 

Message 27 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

I would take a look at installing a PCI 1000Mb LAN adapter card as aswell. 

Message 28 of 31
plemans
Guru

I don't think that motherboard has a pci slot.
Message 29 of 31
isaacr77
Tutor

Ok ill get the adapter, but I am getting a new computer for sure any suggestions on a computer under 1500? Or maybe ask a pc place to build one for me
Message 30 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Your current PC should have a PCI or maybe PCI-Express slot if you wanted to get a new LAN adapter. 

New PCs, check out newegg.com and research pricing there. You can find good deals or even good refurbs if your interested in that kind of thing. I bought 3 HP z600s and go them for cheap. 

I would find a PC that has PCI and or PCI-Express slots for future needs and expansion. 

The on board LAN adapters built into PCs are sometimes not the best. I prefer off board adapters. Broadcom based adapters are the best. Most intel based are ok, however are known to have some issues here and there. 

@isaacr77 wrote:
Ok ill get the adapter, but I am getting a new computer for sure any suggestions on a computer under 1500? Or maybe ask a pc place to build one for me

Message 31 of 31
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7