Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Icmp attacks please help

JonnyCl
Aspirant

Icmp attacks please help

[DoS attack] ICMP Flood from

This message pops up in my new modem/router about every 20-30 seconds and my isp doesn't know what to do. I was having internet problems the other night and when I checked the logs there were ping of death and tear drop attacks taking place. They had ran port scans and other attacks. It was so slow I had to buy a new modem/router and before there was any device hooked into my network I was still receiving the icmp flood attacks. If anyone has any insight please let me know and thanks
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Icmp attacks please help

Have the ISP change the WAN IP address. Usually powering this off for 1 minute or more can change this. 

Factory reset the modem and setup from scratch as well. 

You might change the wifi password your using as well to see if this maybe coming from the LAN side too. 

Message 2 of 3
JonnyCl
Aspirant

Re: Icmp attacks please help

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have done those things mentioned and the flood still happens. I had the new modem/router setup without any devices on it and it was still being attacked within 3 minutes. I have since had the ip changed and the attacks are still happening. All of the settings are set to default with no port forwarding added
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7