Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C3000 N300 WiFi cable modem router

Jitao
Aspirant

Netgear C3000 N300 WiFi cable modem router

I’m netgear C3000 suddenly doesn’t work. It showed power light is solid red and the other light is solid green. But it is no WiFi , no internet. And I try to reset it. But I cannot. How can I do? Just throw it? Thanks!
Message 1 of 14
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear C3000 N300 WiFi cable modem router

There's a whole bunch of leds on the front. You explained some colors but not what specific each light was. Page 7 of your manual lists what each light is. Try telling us what each is doing.

Also there is the option of resetting the device using the reset button. Push and hold for 7-10 seconds. you stated you can't reset. Why not? 

You can also contact your isp to have them resend the configuation file for it. 

Here's you support site with manuals, troubleshooting, etc.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/C3000.aspx

It also has a 1 year warranty if its new. 

Message 2 of 14
Jitao
Aspirant

Spoiler
Spoiler

@plemans wrote:

There's a whole bunch of leds on the front. You explained some colors but not what specific each light was. Page 7 of your manual lists what each light is. Try telling us what each is doing.

Also there is the option of resetting the device using the reset button. Push and hold for 7-10 seconds. you stated you can't reset. Why not? 

You can also contact your isp to have them resend the configuation file for it. 

Here's you support site with manuals, troubleshooting, etc.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/C3000.aspx

It also has a 1 year warranty if its new. 

Thanks, Plemans. I said I did reset it, but nothing is happened. And if I power on the device. It showed power light is solid red. I show you the picture. Thanks!

Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a reset with the cable coax disconnected? 

How long you have had the modem? 

I would reivew the user manual for LED troubleshooting information and see what the manual says. 

I maybe time for a new modem. 

@Jitao wrote:
I’m netgear C3000 suddenly doesn’t work. It showed power light is solid red and the other light is solid green. But it is no WiFi , no internet. And I try to reset it. But I cannot. How can I do? Just throw it? Thanks!

Message 4 of 14
Jitao
Aspirant

I have had it more than two years. But actually used it less one year. And I did the reset from any condition. But nothing is happened. Thanks!
Message 5 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Might have someone check the power adapter voltage as a last resort. 

Maybe time for something new. 

Message 6 of 14
plemans
Guru

I'd have to agree that something might have went wrong. most of the searches show a red power button on the model is usually hardware failure. Did you see if your isp could re-partition it or resend the file? I've had that work but its fairly rare. 

Message 7 of 14
Jitao
Aspirant

Thanks. I was using when it suddenly stopped. Do you think the power adapter is the problem?
Message 8 of 14
Jitao
Aspirant

Thanks! My ISP switched it to me a modem. But the netgear one is mine. So I want to repair it and I don’t think the technician of my ISP can repair it for me.
Message 9 of 14
plemans
Guru

Not saying have the isp technician repair it. Call your isp provider and see if they can resend the partitioning file for your modem/router combo device or if they can even see if from their end. 

Message 10 of 14
Jitao
Aspirant

I have already signed another modem that my ISP gave me. So I can not use mine for the internet. Thanks!
Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Have someone check the power adapter for the modem. If it's good then the modem is probably bad. If the power is bad then the power adapter can be replaced. 

Good Luck. 

Message 12 of 14
Jitao
Aspirant

Thanks! I will check the adapter.
Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14