Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear N450 CG3000DV2 Firmware Update

JFranklin12
Follower

Netgear N450 CG3000DV2 Firmware Update

ISP unable to update firmware from V2.05.18 to V3.01.16, which is the latest Cox-approved firmware update for this model.

Neatgear knowledgebase says my ISP is the only one that can update my modem.

Cox (my ISP) does not have this update on file and sends me to Netgear support. Support is unable to help because my product is out of warranty.

Not sure what to do now, but will probably not be supporting Netgear after this dilemna.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
JK232
Initiate

Re: Netgear N450 CG3000DV2 Firmware Update

JFranklin12 - Did you get any help?  I have Cox, too, and I have called multiple times and they are ADAMANT that they can NOT upgrade my firmware.  I told them exacatly what the Netgear webpages say - that upgrades must be pushed down from the ISP - and they all said that is impossible and they can't do that.  In the mean time, I can barely use the internet. No help from Cox, and no help from Netgear.  Did you fare any better?

Message 2 of 3
RayOK
Initiate

Re: Netgear N450 CG3000DV2 Firmware Update to v3.01.22

Hi JK32,

I have seen multiple queries from Cox users stating the same problem I'm having with Cox and I don't know where else to turn. My modem firmware is v 2.05.18, The current firmware version on the NETGEAR website is v 3.0.22 and website also states that the ISP-COX is supposed to rollout the update. Cox tells me they can't and that it's up to NETGEAR to provide the firmware update. I am running a W10 desktop DELL computer-XPS 8920.

Does anyone have the answer? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7