Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CAX80 login loop

RRATHBUN
Aspirant

Nighthawk CAX80 login loop

When is Netgear going to properly fix the issue with the login loop associated with the CAX80 web interface? It seems well known across these forums that the problem exists, but I have yet to see Netgear take any actions on the problem. The standard answer seems to be "reset the router", but that's a workaround and not a solution.

If others are having this issue, please chime in because it's pretty clear you have to scream loudly to get this issue properly resolved. 

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CAX80 login loop

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Only seen this if the browser has the log in information incorrectly stored with in the browser or the page was cached and not cleared fully before logging in. 

Be sure you clear the browsers cache and clear any saved log in profile tor the CAX80. Once I cleared mine out of the browser, the log in worked. 

Try a different browser. 

Be sure to type in the correct PW values correctly. 

Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

I've got a cax80 and don't have any issues with that. 

Are you meeting the minimum password requirements? 

at least 10 characters

1 upper case letter

1 lower case letter

1 special character

1 number

Message 3 of 9
RRATHBUN
Aspirant

Using the following software / firmware:

Firmware: v2.1.5.2

Browser: Microsoft Edge version 108.0.1462.46 (Official build) (64-bit)

Actions taken:

1. Password properly set (was always correct)

2. Cleared cache

3. No saved passwords in edge

Symptoms:

1. Attempt to login using user ID and password - fails

2. Retry over and over, and eventually and VERY inconsistently the system lets me in

3. Almost always sends me to the password reset page.

If anyone from NETGEAR wants any advanced logging I'll happily share. I work in IT for a living, and this is well beyond your basic home user troubleshooting issues. Also, I can get to the device using my iPhone without any issues. 

Message 4 of 9
RRATHBUN
Aspirant

Yes, this is more complicated than basic usage. I have Cisco devices, and I am well versed in network device usage.

I do appreciate the recommendation though... Thx

Message 5 of 9
MusicWithMarky
Aspirant

Same issue here.  Two different wired computers, multiple browsers tried and nothing lets me get out of the password reset loop.  I have the mesh system attached for wireless and when I try to login from those devices, I am able to get to the admin area, but then I'm only seeing the wireless activity.  I'm not sure how to resolve this wired one.

Message 6 of 9
RRATHBUN
Aspirant

Ensure you're on the latest firmware. If all else fails try repeatedly and it should let you in. Mine seems to have resolved itself, but am unsure of the true root cause.

Message 7 of 9
MusicWithMarky
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I have tried repeatedly (which is tiring, given I have to do the pass and security questions each time) and to no avail.  It is on the latest FW as well.  Is there a hard reset I should consider?

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

15 second press on the reset button then release then clearing the broser caches and save password profiles for the modem doesn't get you to the setup wizard screen at 192.168.1.1 at all? 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7