Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S C7800 not supported by Spectrum?

TheDax255
Tutor

Nighthawk X4S C7800 not supported by Spectrum?

So, i just moved and had to change services from WOW to Spectrum. I was using the C7800 on wow just fine, and on the box it SAYS Spectrum on it... but when i go to set it up, they say it's not supported. i called to get it activated, and they say it's not supported. i tell them that it says "spectrum" on the box, and they say it's not supported. i get a tech to come out, he says it should work, calls and gets it activated.... and it just doesnt work.

i do not understand. punching myself in the d*ck would be more fun than dealing with this problem that shouldnt exist.

does anybody have any info on this? is it supported? was it supported and isnt now? do i just have a $400 paperweight now? do i just suck it up and rent their device?

when did this even become a thing? i remember being able to just go out and buy the best device i could find, plug it in, call to get it on my account and get connected in the same day. this is horse sh*t.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X4S C7800 not supported by Spectrum?

It used to be supported. And I know it does work as my in-law is using a C7800 on spectrum currently. 

Not sure why its not on their list anymore for the 1gig link. Its currently on the "minimally supported" list. 

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/compliant-modems-spectrum-network/

Any ideas @vkdelta ?  

Message 2 of 5
VinnyD
Aspirant

It is even more dismal...  Both Spectrum and Netgear have dropped the ball on me, I have been suffering since the middle of September (OVER ONE MONTH)...

- In Feburary 2020 I bought a C7800

- it activated just fine and worked without issue until the middle of September

- in the middle of September the modem started dropping every ~ four hours, a power reset gets me another four hours, I have been trying to work from home in this crippled mode FOR OVER A MONTH!

- I first guessed that the modem was bad, Netgear FORCED me to by a tech support contract in order to get their help, even tho I told them I was just trying to collect on their one year warranty, they assured me that the problem would be solved in 10 - 15 mins if I talked with the tech support folks; something about 3rd party wifi interference... 

- Well it wasn't 3rd party wifi interference and a couple of other router setting changes didn't work...   Netgear finally sent me a replacement (IT IS REFURBISHED)

- Center stage for Spectrum, CLOWNS: the replacement (same exact model) cannot be activated, after 4 or 5 calls I was finally put in touch with someone (at Spectrum) that took pity on me  BUt that was 5 days ago...

- The C7800 was moved from the min supported list to the 1G list

- Spectrum also cannot activete the new C7800 but my first C7800 keeps limping in the "reset every four hours" mode

- Spectrum of course was quick to offer me one of their modems, I declined and asked that they iron out the C7800 support, if yes then please activate my replacement C7800 or REMOVE the C7800 from the 1G list....   I am still waiting for a call back (the Spectrum person that took pity on me had to get supervisor approval in order to promise me a callback, again that was 4 - 5 days ago).

I will update once I make progress.

Vinny

Message 3 of 5
VinnyD
Aspirant

I forgot to mention that Spectrum already replaced the line from pole to my house and their line tests pass just fine.

Message 4 of 5
VinnyD
Aspirant

@rglight    I saw your thread on C7800 & firmware...   That isn't my problem here   BUT did you ever make any progress on C7800/Spectrum?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/C7800-Firmware-on-Spectrum/m-p/1735274#M16650

thanks

Vinny

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7