Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow WiFi with a C7000v2 cable modem

bmelroe
Follower

Slow WiFi with a C7000v2 cable modem

I have a C700v2 cable modem.  My desk top computer is hooked to the modem via a network cable to receive the internet signal.  I am useing Comcast as a provider.  I am receiving high 70's mbps for download speeds,  10 to 12 mbps for upload speeds on my desk top computer.  Lately the speeds for the wireless network has slowed down.  Just did a speed test on my laptop and got 9.8 mbps for a download and 3.98 for a upload.  I have several questions.  Why such a difference between the wired network speed and the wireless.  I know that the wireless will not be as fast as the wired but this seems like a big difference.  Do I have a problem with my modem?  Is it a setting problem or software issue with the modem.  Is it a problem with our wireless devices.  I am seeing similar results with two different laptops and two different iPads.

Any thoughs, advice?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Slow WiFi with a C7000v2 cable modem

Depends on what wifi devices your using to speedtest with and configuration of the modems wifi and your environment. 

Most newer wifi devices should test out well over 100Mbps. Most currenty wifi phones or pads may max out at around 400-500Mbps depending upon design and what NG designes for the specs of the modem. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series