Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What would be the best setup of a Nighthawk CAX30 and Nighthawk MR60 with the Two Sattelites?

What would be the best setup of a Nighthawk CAX30 and Nighthawk MR60 with the Two Sattelites?

Hello,

As the title says, what would be the best way to set both of these up? Have a one gig speed plan with Xfinity. CAX30 is currently in one side of the house which means the other side has dead spots. I have a long ethernet going from the CAX30 to the other side of the house. Would like to achieve the best connection possible without having multiple Wifi Signals. Just one wifi, where I can move around the house without dropping connection. 

UPDATE: I attempted using the CAX30 gateway, wifi on. Then using the MR60 mesh on AP Mode with the wifi also on. I named the wifis from the CAX30 and the MR60 the same. I was hoping that they would be compatible this way, but it was not.. Had bunch of issues. Mainly the DHCP server on the CAX30 does not play well. It assigned a bunch of devices the same IP address. Even after I made IP reservations. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: What would be the best setup of a Nighthawk CAX30 and Nighthawk MR60 with the Two Sattelites?

Configure the CAX30 for modem mode only. Then use the MR series has the main router and wifi system. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: What would be the best setup of a Nighthawk CAX30 and Nighthawk MR60 with the Two Sattelites?

Configure the CAX30 for modem mode only. Then use the MR series has the main router and wifi system. 

Message 2 of 4

This worked wonders! Thanks!! 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7