Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi disconnection

Gdurney
Apprentice

Wifi disconnection

Hello all. For about the past 2 months my modem/router has lost connection/restarted itself every night. The problem has gotten progressively worse as now it does it between 5-10 times a night sometimes. I contacted XFinity who advised they are not having any issues on their end or in my area. I’m curious if this is related to my modem/router? Sometimes when the modem loses connection it will reconnect within a minute or quicker. Sometimes when it restarts, it will erase my set usernames and passwords I have set for my wifi and force me to rename both the 2.4/5.0g channels and their passwords. Hoping to resolve the issue as it’s made using wifi at night impossible.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wifi disconnection

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7