Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c6300 DHCP not assigning internal IPs

ramseyn
Follower

c6300 DHCP not assigning internal IPs

Hello everyone,

The above modem suddenly stopped internal IPs.  Well, it's kind of weird.  I just had Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) come out and check the connection, everything is 100% working on their end.  The techie said that the modem is defective and I should contact Netgear for assistance, but I think getting a president's phone number is a lot easier than getting in touch with Netgear for troubleshooting 🙂

Based on all my attempts here is the issue, and I have made zero changes to the router itself.  I have only the router, connected directly to the cable line, no splits.  

• DHCP stopped assigning internal IPs.  Instead of getting the 192.168.0.* IP addresses, I now get 169.254.*.* which does not connect me to the internet.  However, if I force in IPs for every device that permits me to, then everything connects just fine.  This is true for both wired and wireless conections.
  • Every now and then the WiFi just shuts off.  I have to power cycle the modem/router to get it to work.  Even after power-cycle the issue in #1 is still true.

The above is the main issue.  Not sure what else to do.  Some of my devices, even though I hardcode a unique IP address, they cannot connect to the internet.  These devices are not elaborate, meaning, devices such as my Honeywell Thermostat, my Samsung Fridge, that kind of stuff.  Every PC laptop, PC desktop, iPad, iPhone, Galaxy all work.  My Apple laptop, does NOT work when I plug in a unique manual IP address.

Here is my concern, if the above product is defective, and needs to be replaced, I do not want to purchase another Netgear product because their support is horrible (being honest).  Every other company on the planet will help you out, via phone for free, to figure out the issue.  Is it the product, is it the user (setttings, etc), is it the service.  Netgear though, wants money after 90 days -- which is greedy to me.

So, if someone from Netgear here can help me figure this out, that would be great.  If not, can anyone else recommend a competitor top of the line product (similar to this item or nighthawk) who offers basic support for these kinds of issues?

EDIT: If I am completely wrong about Netgear's lack of assistance, then I will personally apologize ASAP.

Thank you all so much.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: c6300 DHCP not assigning internal IPs

Hello ramseyn

I would suggest factory resetting the unit and do your setup again and see if it has the same behavior. And if it is a hardware issue you should have a 1 year hardware warranty and you would contact support for that.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7