Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c6300 Wifi Not Working

rinks361
Follower

c6300 Wifi Not Working

Just had two power outages back to back. Upon 2nd recovery, the internet had stopped working. A quick plug pull and the modem came back up just fine, but now I have intermittent connectivity. Speedtests show DL speeds up to 75 Mbps and UL speeds towards 7 Mbps but the internet kicks out every minute or so.

More importantly though, the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless are no longer working. Both lights are unlit and hitting the WiFi and WPS buttons do absolutely nothing. So far I've tried resetting with the actual reset button on the back, holding it for 60 seconds as recommended by chat support, unplugging everything for awhile then reinstalling, disabling the network adapter (PC ethernet) and re-enabling it and then also tried updates to the network adapter itself but there are none.

Everything was working fine just up until the two power outages so now I'm wondering if this one is just completely shot. If so, I'd rather go back to Linksys/Cisco for an all in one cable modem/router option as this NetGear was the only one that was available at the time when I went to upgrade from an Arris Surfboard 6141. 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: c6300 Wifi Not Working

Hello rinks361

I suggest contacting support if the modem is still under warranty.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
SW5000
Aspirant

I'm having the exact issue, although not sure if I had any power outages prior.   All the lights on, but no wifi, only my wired connection.  I reboot and it'll work periodically, but lately it's not helping at all. 

I'm past warranty, so wanted to see if there was a fix before I have to buy something else.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 4
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Just out of curiosity what ISP are you with is it Spectrum (Charter, TWC or Brigthhouse)?  If it is you may want to have a quick chat with them about the WiFi issues as they have been known to add parameters to config files that get pushed to disable the WiFi?

Can you also confirm if the WiFi channels on 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz are showing 0 as channel number? Since there is no WiFi channel zero this could be why your clients can't see the SSIDs. If none of these apply then your best bet is to call Netgear support.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7