Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connecting NETGEAR CM1000 to Cisco DPC3825 modem/router but use DPC3825 as router

caligreen805
Follower

connecting NETGEAR CM1000 to Cisco DPC3825 modem/router but use DPC3825 as router

OK where to begin?

My ISP is cox cable

my new cable modem: Netgear CM1000

old cable modem/router: Cisco DPC3825

i recently set up my new NETGEAR CM1000 with them. it works fine and all but i dont have a router yet since im saving up for the X10. I bought the Cisco DPC3825 modem/router from Cox 3 years ago. The router would lose signal constantly, but regardless, i at least had a wireless network. So seeing as the DPC3825 is my only router at the moment, i would like to ask for anyones help on setting up the CM1000 to work with the DPC3825 and hopefully i can broadcast a wireless network without connecting the coaxial to the router. I know that the 3825 does not compare to any newer router but its all i have for the time being. i just want to connect the one ethernet cable from the CM1000 to the 3825 and run a wireless and also be able have a  wan network.

The only devices i ever have a wired connection into the router are ps3, ps4, and my laptop. i have 4 phones and 2 tablets. I read all about bridged mode but that option has been removed by a firmware update. at first i thought it was but i dont need the 3825 to run only as a modem. i just need it to run like a router would. 

I have tried to connect the modem to the router already but i get no internet connection. maybe its just not compatible.

PLEASE END MY MISERY and please help so that someone who might have the same problem can read this and help them in the future.

i have read countless pages but i cant find a way to have a successful wired connection from modem to router to laptop. and essentialy to ps4.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: connecting NETGEAR CM1000 to Cisco DPC3825 modem/router but use DPC3825 as router

Hello Caligreen805

If the back of the cisco unit does not have one of the port labeled as WAN and you find no options in the settings to run as only a router then this will not work.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7