× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

4G LTE Modem LB2120 automated switch over to broadband?

sjl16
Follower

4G LTE Modem LB2120 automated switch over to broadband?

Hi,

Full disclosure I am not particularly technical and am after advice because I have been given two differing opinions from tech advisors..

I have the 4g modem as a back up option for small business if our NBN internet (Sydney, Australia) goes down. Current set up - NBN modem to mikrotik wireless router, ethernet connection from mikrotik to netgear 4g modem. Internet provider apparently uses DCHP to connect to NBN.

What appears to be happening is the 4g modem kicks in if NBN drops out, but then doesn't then 'hand back' to nbn when it's back online, and we are intermittently getting massive upload data going though the 4g modem. I have been advised (by IT support providing the modem)that if we connect to nbn via PPPoE it would  make a difference to the configuring the 4G modem to 'hand back' when not needed.

But our internet provider says that 4g modem should be able to 'hand back' regardless of using DCHP or PPPoE. If any techs out there can shed any light I'd be so appreciative.

It is also puzzling to me that all the excess data used by the 4g modem was uploads, and our standard upload usage is minimal when using usual nbn connections. Meantime we have disconnected the 4g modem ...

Any advice welcome, thanks.

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 4G LTE Modem LB2120 automated switch over to broadband?

Hi @sjl16

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Does rebooting the LB2120 fix the issue?

Have you tried resetting the unit? 

Kindly check if you have the latest firmware. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7