× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AC791L - DMZ

FenderBender711
Aspirant

AC791L - DMZ

DMZ does not work with Verizon with this modem. I went through tech support and their only solution was to call Verizon. I connected it to my Surface and set a static IP, put it in DMZ mode and ShieldsUp never saw it.

If anyone out there has been able to get a moderate NAT (type 2) with this device on any game system (or any client for that matter), please let me know and walk me through the set up.

I know how to do this because I had a moderate NAT with a USB modem, but I think it is technically impossible to make this work and if I am wrong, I'd be interested in someone detailing how they got it to work. I am retuning the device if I can't make it work.

Also, if someone is getting it to work, could mine be defective??
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC791L - DMZ

Hello FenderBender 

Have you tried to just open the needed ports for the device to see if the NAT changes?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
VZWBrandon
Aspirant

Re: AC791L - DMZ

known issue with the surface, it pretty much kills any jetpack it connects to, however I do believe that microsoft put in an update to the surface that fixxed it awhile back

Model: AirCard 791L|Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot (AC791L)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7