× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Can I connect my Orbi LBR20 to my TP-Link AX1800 WiFi router and repeaters?

MikeyrInScott
Initiate

Can I connect my Orbi LBR20 to my TP-Link AX1800 WiFi router and repeaters?

I already have a TP-Link AX1800 WiFi router and some TP-Link repeaters/extenders. I am upgrading from a CAT 4 4G LTE router to an Orbi LBR20 4G LTE CAT 18 router. Can I run an ethernet cable between the 2 routers and continue using the TP-Link WiFi router and repeaters to distribute WiFi around the house?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Can I connect my Orbi LBR20 to my TP-Link AX1800 WiFi router and repeaters?

I just mean that if the orbi is broadcasting on channel 1 for 2.4ghz and 36 for the 5ghz, to have the tp-link on different wireless channels like channel 11 for 2.4ghz etc. Helps prevent interference

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can but you'd want the tp-link in access point mode to prevent a double nat. 

Also make sure to have the wireless channels from the orbi to the tp-link on different channels to prevent interference

Message 2 of 4
MikeyrInScott
Initiate

@plemans wrote:

You can but you'd want the tp-link in access point mode to prevent a double nat. 

Also make sure to have the wireless channels from the orbi to the tp-link on different channels to prevent interference

I understand about the TP-Link router in access point mode. I'm not completely sure what you meant by "...make sure to have the wireless channels from the orbi to the tp-link on different channels to prevent interference" Should I have mentioned that the connection from my Orbi LBR20 LTE router to my TP-Link AX1800 WiFi router will be by ethernet?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I just mean that if the orbi is broadcasting on channel 1 for 2.4ghz and 36 for the 5ghz, to have the tp-link on different wireless channels like channel 11 for 2.4ghz etc. Helps prevent interference

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7