× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Cannot log into Orbi LBR20 after latest firmware upgrade

inetusr
Follower

Cannot log into Orbi LBR20 after latest firmware upgrade

I'm having the same exact problem with the latest firmware update for the Orbi LBR20 as described here:

https://www.techradar.com/news/this-netgear-orbi-firmware-update-actually-locked-out-users 

Version 2.7.5.6 of the firmware not only prevents users from logging in as admin; for some strange reason it also prevents factory resetting the device.

The only way that I was able to factory reset my device in order to regain access to the admin control panel was to flash version 2.6.3.50 of the firmware. Once setup was completed, I flashed up to version 2.6.5.32 of the firmware (the one right before the problematic and most recent 2.7.5.6 release) since for some reason the setup hangs during the internet check when trying to setup from this version of the firmware and there is no longer any option in 2.6.5.32 to skip the internet check.

After reading the above article, I'm curious if there is a fix available yet for LBR20 users ... and if not, is there a firmware that will fix these two bugs currently in development?

The router is now auto-updating to latest firmware ... is there a way to prevent this?

This is a really frustrating customer experience. 

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7