× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Connecting my N300 to CCTV DVR using a ethernet cable ... using my samsung mobile as hotspot

gman2
Aspirant

Connecting my N300 to CCTV DVR using a ethernet cable ... using my samsung mobile as hotspot

Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Connecting my N300 to CCTV DVR using a ethernet cable ... using my samsung mobile as hotspot

Hi @gman2

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

What is the model number of your NETGEAR device? 

May we please know what you are trying to achieve? 

Kindly describe your network setup. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
gman2
Aspirant

Re: Connecting my N300 to CCTV DVR using a ethernet cable ... using my samsung mobile as hotspot

TKS Bianca,     MODEL WN3000RP-100AUS  it connects to all wifi equipped appliances no problem, but my Swann CCTV must be connected by ethernet cable [ no wifi ]. when connecting via ethernet cable there is no connection. As I don't have a router I use my hotspot for data transfer.  Graeme

Message 3 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @gman2

Please describe the LED status of the extender. Can you please wired a different device / computer to the extender to test the connection? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @gman2

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7