× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Extend 4g and 5g

Boprince
Aspirant

Extend 4g and 5g

We have a home in a holiday park and where our home is situated, 4g and 5g is not very good, <30mbit. At the entrance of the park, approx 200 meters/218 yards 5g is 200mbit and higher. Is there any way, perhaps with the nighthawk pro or any other device to pick up a better signal?
Message 1 of 5
JT240Z
Luminary

Re: Extend 4g and 5g

External antennas may help in your case.  Assuming your device has that capability.

Message 2 of 5
Boprince
Aspirant

Thanks. Was thinking of buying the nighthawk 6 pro and from what I see that device has that capability. What I did notice is that the nighthawks are not waterproof so hanging it on my roof will not work. Any idea if the antennes are waterproof?
Message 3 of 5
JT240Z
Luminary

The Nighthawk M6 Pro has two TS-9 antenna ports that you can plug into.  They're located on the outside of the device, on same side as the USB-C and ethernet port.  You can pick up a 2x2 MIMO antenna in a lot of places.  Good ones are not cheap but what is when it comes to hotspots

https://waveform-content.imgix.net/ng_nighthawk-m6_ts9.png?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=960&fit=max 

Message 4 of 5
Boprince
Aspirant

Will go and look for these antennes. Thanks for the help
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements