× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 management/update in bridged mode?

tom_l
Follower

LB2120 management/update in bridged mode?

Yesterday I had a power outage that lasted longer than my UPS could handle and my LB2120 LTE modem lost power. On resumption of power the LTE modem still works as intended however I received an SMS indicating a software update was available. I can't work out how to manage the LTE modem in bridged mode to appy this update.

The LB2120 LTE modem is connected in bridged mode to an ERX router. The router handles fail-over/fail-back from a fibre modem to the LTE modem. As soon as I lose my fibre connection the LTE modem picks up the connection. It has been working well for over a year, and still does.

Form memory I configured a static IP for the LTE modem, DHCP disabled, fail-over disabled, bridged mode.
I have never seen the assigned static IP address in bridged mode, only the IPPT address (as expected?).

Do I have to factory reset the modem so I can connect to the LTE modem management interface to apply this update?

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LB2120 management/update in bridged mode?

Hi tom_l, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Just want to check if you were able to update the firmware? If not, please proceed on resetting to factory default setting and try again. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LB2120 management/update in bridged mode?

Yes. I think I have to access the WebUI when you plan to upgrade the FW on your device.

Thanks

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7