× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Sireone
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Thanks, I know that the workaround works...but it's still what it is, a workaround.  I need to be able to access my services (IP Cameras, etc.) while failed over to VZW.  Does anyone know why this is happening in bridge mode?

Message 226 of 233
p4r4ll4x
Aspirant

I see the same problem here. I hope this gets fixed.

Set to Routing mode and disable DHCP is NOT a good solution since you introduce DUAL NAT, that is an unacceptable solution.

Message 227 of 233
stuyboy
Tutor

Thought I'd stir the pot again and see if anyone's gotten the LM1200 to work on Verizon in Bridge mode.  Earlier in the thread, Netgear responded with a potential solution on Verizon, but haven't seen any new products or updates yet.

Everyone still using Router mode with Verizon, or just switched to another carrier?

Message 228 of 233
Sireone
Aspirant

I've completely given up on the LM1200 and signed up for the Verizon Home Internet ($35/mo).  Enabled bridge mode and added it to the UDM Pro as a backup.  Failover works flawlessley and speed is much faster than the LM1200.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-301824/

Message 229 of 233
stuyboy
Tutor

@Sireone Thanks for the link to that gateway, didn't realize Verizon had a failover passthrough!

Message 230 of 233
JinTu
Star

OP here,

I have similarly been forced to move to a different hardware solution as the promised resolution to stability and a functional bridge mode with the LM1200 on VZ never materialized in the intervening three years since I created this thread. In my case I went with a Peplink MAX BR1 Mini Core as it is functionally similar to the LM1200 albeit at a significantly higher price point.

Message 231 of 233
greyace90
Aspirant

I had it working for a bit, thinking either a firmware update or maybe Verizon fixed it. I had to reboot the modem to move a cable and since then, it went right back to not working. So I had to go back to double NAT. Well if you factor in the CGNAT, then triple NAT! I’m not thrilled but it’s the best I’ve got especially since it’s just for backup Internet.
Message 232 of 233
stuyboy
Tutor

I'm in the same boat as just using this for backup, and remote access to a secondary location.  Using some MVNOs and cheaper pay-as-you-go options for LTE (ie Tello), the cost is about the same as adding onto my VZ plan.  Would have been nice to share the same data plan as my mobile, but probably not worth the trouble/cost at this point.

Message 233 of 233
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7