× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M1 Wifi Specification

ML
Star
Star

M1 Wifi Specification

Hi,

Couldn't find the wifi specification of M1 router, just wondering what its speed, ACxxxx? Could anyone help? Thanks.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 3
UK-based
Luminary

Re: M1 Wifi Specification

The specs given in this Netgear datasheet are "Full Dual-Band/Dual-Concurrent WiFi - WiFi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz; WiFi 802.11 a/n/ac 5 GHz". The Wikidevi website states (rightly or wrongly) that the M1 uses the Qualcomm QCA6174A chip, which is an 802.11ac Wave 2 device with 2x2:2 MU-MIMO capabilities, offering a peak speed of 867Mbps. The Wikidevi site also appears to state that the M1 also uses the Qualcomm QCA9377 chip, an 802.11ac Wave 2 device with 1x1:1 MU-MIMO capabilities, offering a peak speed of 433Mbps. If both chips are used in the M1, I don't have enough knowledge to explain how they combine as far as the real-world user-experience is concerned - hopefully someone else will be able to do so. Here's an article on MU-MIMO that might help. As far as quoting router speeds using ACxxxx is concerned, this article explains that router manufacturers combine the top speeds of both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands to arrive at the number, which could be misleading.

I hope that helps to answer your quesiton.

Message 2 of 3
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Re: M1 Wifi Specification

Best M1 5GHz Wifi DL throughput what I have seen is this.

LTE_thru_5GHz_Wifi.JPG

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7