× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M1100 initial setup won't work

Raik_44
Aspirant

M1100 initial setup won't work

Hi. I have just received the m1100 mobile router and am really stuck on getting it working. I am not a tech expert but usually do just fine and this is overly complicated to me.

I am in Canada and bought an unlocked device. I will be using it this summer in Europe but wanted to test it to ensure it works before I leave.

I am using my phone's sim card in the router and can't even connect to the device's wifi network that is displayed on the device with password. My wife managed to get her phone connected (it said) but no data was getting there when she tried using her phone.

I saw the video for the apn set up but my browser wont connect to the isp # given either.

I'll be calling support on Monday but thought I'd post here if anyone has a better walk through than the manual - as I said it wont connect to the wifi connection that the device shows me. so that's issue 1.

Message 1 of 3
Raik_44
Aspirant

Re: M1100 initial setup won't work

In case anyone is following this, customer service can't get this fixed either. I'm getting a callback as all the IT steps aren't working. None of my device's can connect to the MR1100 mobile router's wifi and can't get to the router login page either. I even hardwired the device to my home computer and can't login to the router page etc.

CS is lost.  I wonder if the device is just faulty.....

Message 2 of 3
Raik_44
Aspirant

Re: M1100 initial setup won't work

FYI, after a few calls with CS and setup attempts we got it going. Not sure why the initial setup was so tricky. We did have to get the APN updated once I got logged in. I don't know if that hinders the initial setup... I was hoping the device would get the APN connected automatically.

Not impressed with how hard it was to get this device working. 2 long calls to CS before we got it running.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7