× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 suddenly cannot connect to cell service

navibean9
Aspirant

MR1100 suddenly cannot connect to cell service

"Help!"   I have an (out.of.warranty) MR1100.   It worked fine for about a year - and then suddenly stopped yesterday. 

The error message on boot-up says:  "Mobile Broadband Disconnected - Your data connection is disconnected."

I have AT&T cell service.     Here's what I've tried - all with no luck so far:

* New SIM card:    My carrier Consumer Cellular (reseller of AT&T service)  suggested a new SIM card.  I replaced the SIM;  They updated their records to point to the new SIM card.   No luck.

* Reset & re-booted:   I did a reset w- the button inside the device.   And I launched the AttWifiManager page, and I reset to factory settings. 

I re-booted after each change. 

* Possibly noteworthy-   I am testing this at my home:  I'm in a US suburban metro area with decent AT&T coverage.  But it's (only) decent enough for good voice service, most of the time.  So I typically only see 3 bars of signal strength. 

* After all these fix attempts, the error message is the same:  (That line above.)

THANK YOU in advance for any suggestions you can offer! 

- Navibean9

Message 1 of 3
florence023
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 suddenly cannot connect to cell service

@navibean9 wrote:

"Help!"   I have an (out.of.warranty) MR1100.   It worked fine for about a year - and then suddenly stopped yesterday. 

The error message on boot-up says:  "Mobile Broadband Disconnected - Your data connection is disconnected." hpinstantink

I have AT&T cell service.     Here's what I've tried - all with no luck so far:

* New SIM card:    My carrier Consumer Cellular (reseller of AT&T service)  suggested a new SIM card.  I replaced the SIM;  They updated their records to point to the new SIM card.   No luck.

* Reset & re-booted:   I did a reset w- the button inside the device.   And I launched the AttWifiManager page, and I reset to factory settings. 

I re-booted after each change. 

* Possibly noteworthy-   I am testing this at my home:  I'm in a US suburban metro area with decent AT&T coverage.  But it's (only) decent enough for good voice service, most of the time.  So I typically only see 3 bars of signal strength. 

* After all these fix attempts, the error message is the same:  (That line above.)

THANK YOU in advance for any suggestions you can offer! 

- Navibean9

Hello,

Can you please tell me is your query is solved or not because i am also facing the similar issue so if you got any answer or solution please share it.

Best regards,
florence023

Message 2 of 3
navibean9
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 suddenly cannot connect to cell service

Hi Florence -   Thank you for reaching out. 
   No, I am still searching for an answer.     I will update here, if I find something useful.  
   So my connection to cell service suddenly stopped last week.  When did your connection drop out ?
Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series