× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR5100 won't factory reset

att340u
Initiate

MR5100 won't factory reset

My hotspot is working, but I can't change a darn thing as I have lost my admin login to the web interface.  So, trying to perform a factory reset.  

Using the on-device interface/LCD, I goto Settings > More, but there is no reset option.  I only have:

*Device Information

*Status

*USB Tethering

*Data Usage

*Mobile App

I then removed the battery cover on the back and located the reset button/hole.  Gently inserting a paperclip, I feel the indent/feedback from pressing a button, but no matter how long I depress the button... 5 seconds, all the way up to 60 seconds, the unit responds the same in that it doesn't respond at all.  It doesn't reboot, it certainly doesn't reset, and it keeps chugging along.  I've tried various combinations of removing the battery and reinserting with the reset button depressed - no help.

Ideas on how to actually reset this thing?! 

Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR5100 won't factory reset

Hi att340u,

Please follow the steps below to power off or reset the device:

1. Hold down the Power button for 5 seconds.
The Power Off/Reset menu appears and you are prompted to power off or reset the
device.
2. Tap Power Off to power off the device, or choose reset to reset the device.

You may also check this link to look up Mobile Router's default Web UI address and Admin password: https://kb.netgear.com/23379/

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
att340u
Initiate

Re: MR5100 won't factory reset

No luck. After approx 2.5 seconds of holding down the power button, I receive a pop to shutdown or restart; there is no option to reset. I also tried continuing to hold down the power button for up to 30 seconds — no change, only the option to Shutdown or Restart.

The default logins don’t work - I know I changed the password, I just have lost what it was changed to.

Any further tips or tricks would be appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series