× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR6500 Reboot Remotely?

Mooneypaul
Initiate

MR6500 Reboot Remotely?

My hotspot is located a a remote site and runs my security system, etc.  Sometimes it loses internet connection and I would like to reboot it remotely.  Is there anyway to accomplish this?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
totorotenten
Tutor

Re: MR6500 Reboot Remotely?

In my opinion, there are many ways to achieve your goal

- Netgear insight: manage multiple devices including mobile hotspots on one control center (required subscription to Netgear for use)

- If MR6500 supports DDNS, get it a domain via DDNS and enable remote control from outside to admin dashboard

- If MR6500 does not support DDNS, buy a static ip address working with your cellular plan from your carrier so that you can use that ip to access to MR6500 dashboard

- If MR6500 firmware support API, you can research about it to find out your need

- Build a mini VPN gateway at the remote site and establish a VPN connection so that you can reach to your MR6500 

- etc … 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
florence023
Tutor

@Mooneypaul wrote:

My hotspot is located a a remote site and runs my security system, etc.  Sometimes it loses internet connection and I would like to reboot it remotely.  Is there anyway to accomplish this? MyLowesLife

Hello,

To remotely reboot your hotspot, you have a few options:

Windows Hotspot (Mobile Hotspot):
If your hotspot is a Windows PC with mobile hotspot functionality, you can enable remote activation via Bluetooth:
Open the Windows Settings app.
Go to Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot.
Scroll down to the section for “Turn on remotely.”
Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices and paired.
Toggle the “Allow another device to turn on mobile hotspot” button to On.

Mikrotik Router Reboot via Dashboard:
If your hotspot is a Mikrotik router, you can remotely reboot it from the dashboard:
Navigate to Hotspot > Gateways.
Select the Mikrotik device that needs a restart.
In the “Run Script” section, type /system reboot and click the Run button.
Confirm the reboot prompt.

Hope this will help you.
Best regards,
florence023

Message 2 of 3
totorotenten
Tutor

In my opinion, there are many ways to achieve your goal

- Netgear insight: manage multiple devices including mobile hotspots on one control center (required subscription to Netgear for use)

- If MR6500 supports DDNS, get it a domain via DDNS and enable remote control from outside to admin dashboard

- If MR6500 does not support DDNS, buy a static ip address working with your cellular plan from your carrier so that you can use that ip to access to MR6500 dashboard

- If MR6500 firmware support API, you can research about it to find out your need

- Build a mini VPN gateway at the remote site and establish a VPN connection so that you can reach to your MR6500 

- etc … 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series