× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router - Ireland - Help

zommerson
Follower

NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router - Ireland - Help

Hello, my name is jack and i live in ireland.

I am going to college and the internet in my housing is basically non existant. I am leaning towards buying the Nighthawk M1 router.

But all the videos i see on it are in america using T-Mobile and at&t networks. In ireland, those networks just arent available. So i have a few questions.

1. Do i need anything besides a sim card with data on it to use the nighthawk? (another router or ethernet cables or a wall broadband plug)

2. Has anyone tested it on different networks or outside the usa? If so please let me know how it went.

3. Is the speed based soley on the network company or does the router only cover certain areas.

Sorry if this sounds stupid to some people or it has been asked before, but any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
petesimmo12
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router - Ireland - Help

Im in the uk and use the M1 mobile router on the three network, I got it on amazon from the netgear store. Its unlocked for all uk networks and comes with a uk plug for the charger. Its a great little router, so get one!!!

@zommerson wrote:

I am going to college and the internet in my housing is basically non existant. I am leaning towards buying the Nighthawk M1 router.

But all the videos i see on it are in america using T-Mobile and at&t networks. In ireland, those networks just arent available. So i have a few questions.

1. Do i need anything besides a sim card with data on it to use the nighthawk? (another router or ethernet cables or a wall broadband plug)

2. Has anyone tested it on different networks or outside the usa? If so please let me know how it went.

3. Is the speed based soley on the network company or does the router only cover certain areas.

Sorry if this sounds stupid to some people or it has been asked before, but any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter, MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 3
petesimmo12
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router - Ireland - Help

I didnt answer all your questions

Sim card only needed to start it up as its wireless and runs the normal 2 and 5ghz netowrks, It has one usb inpout for a memory card if you want to use it as a storage device over the network and one ethernet socket
it works on all uk networks as its fully unlocked.
the speed is limited to the service provider for the sim card, i use three on an unlimited data and get around 70meg connection on average on 4g with a cheap pair of external antennas, you dont need these as the router has its own inbuilt ones, only get them to boost the signal if its pants

hope that helps

@zommerson wrote:

Thanks.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7