× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear M1 MR1100 Ethernet Connection

ocean917
Follower

Netgear M1 MR1100 Ethernet Connection

Dear All, 

Hoping I can find suggestion here. 

I am using my Negear M1 by Wifi and Ethernet. at the same time I used wifi connection on ipad and Ethernet connection on my mac mini. The netgear M1 is powered by typec cable wtih QC 3.0 output device (without using battery).

Weir case happened. Everything is fine at a very begining. After I used for 20 mins, especially when I am not using my mac mini (but it didnt turn in sleep mode), the mac mini will become unable to online due to the sudden drop of the data donwload and upload to 0.2 m.  Howver, it is no problem when I use ipad via wifi.  My ipad can still use the wifi network at the same time.  Then I tried to use wifi for my mac mini but still the same not working. 

Thats mean the M1 wifi is wokring but the ethernet connection is very unstale.  I am not sure it is setting problem or hardware problem. 

Remarks I have turned on charge only function instead of tether and charge, 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear M1 MR1100 Ethernet Connection

Hi @ocean917

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR1100-100NAS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label

What is the firmware version? 

Kindly disable Ethernet Standby. Here's how: Access MR1100 UI > Settings > Setup > Mobile Router Setup > Ethernet Standby (disabled or 2 minutes) > Apply 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7