× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100

rickhowland
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100

I have a telstra based unit. Running Netgear Mobile R7.11.1805.181. Firmware NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01.  The router is unlocked and I am usign an AT&T SIM and I have the option to flash the the ROM via an automated check for updates or via a web login to apply a specific spk file. I was able to update to the current FW via the automated check but  I am wanting to flash the router to an AT&T version in order to open up the LTE bands used by AT&T vs Telstra.  Has anyone accomplished flashing firmware on these LTE routers?  Thanks. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 2
AliasRat
Tutor

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100

Hi,

To my knowledge that is not possible. LTE bands used by a device are related to the hardware/modem. Firmware updates do not allow the use of LTE bands the modem does not already support.

This is why all users outside the US typically buy the Telstra (or unbranded EUS version like I have) as other countries use bands the US version also does not support.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7