× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nightawk M1: strange, lost connexion

TomNormandiePI
Aspirant

Nightawk M1: strange, lost connexion

Dear all,

I bought a new Nightawk M1.

Set-up OK : M1 used as router with WiFi off and connected to switch with cable then to a Wifi router. I set also ethernet sleeping: never.
Both from my laptop trought Ethernet cable and Wifi, i can go on Internet with M1. That's look fine.
I go away, laptop not stopped and come back 1 hours ago.
When i come back, i lost my Internet connection. I didn't do anything.
I check my laptop ethernet card and my IP changed ! strange. I force to be on a IP accepted by M1 router. And i can connect only to M1 router home page and can't go to Internet even if it is "connected" (see attached screenshot), on M1 dashboard webpage status
I reboot with M1 webpage , the Nightawk.
Same, i can't get Internet.
Then i reboot M1 with button on it and then i get again Internet.
Is there a set-up which M1 can lost connexion?
Any suggestion?
It is very strange. I reproduced all times this issue when wanted to use M1, go away and come back on laptop.
Thanks,
Tom

Message 1 of 4
binitafelicity
Aspirant

Re: Nightawk M1: strange, lost connexion

Internet connection has been very unstable. It works fine and suddenly all connections (like HTTP, HTTPS) stop working, I'm unable to navigate ...

Connected direct to my laptop cps test    via ethernet I get a 4g provided IP and all is dandy. Stable connection, no packet drops after running a continuous ping to 8.8.
 After an undeterminable amount of time I lose connection. I haven't tried restarting my Modem yet, it's just odd that everything would be ...

Message 2 of 4
TomNormandiePI
Aspirant

Any solution?

i'll try to test a ping tool to catch when i lose connection?

Message 3 of 4
TomNormandiePI
Aspirant

Good news.

Issue seems common according this.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/MR1100-ethernet-port-dies-when-charg...

Now, i know what is issue.

I can't both charge M1 and use Ethernet else Ethernet standby.

I must check how can i charge not all time even if "Ethernet standy" set to "disable", it doesn't work: to be confirm.

I'll add comment when more information following tests.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7