× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot MR1100

JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot MR1100

Hi Everyone,

FYI, I was able to get AT&T to provide me with an unlock code for my MR1100.  You cannot use the web form or myATT app to unlock as it will not validate IMEI.  You must call Customer Care, get to Tier-2, and submit a case.  You'll need the device phone number, IMEI, and your account pin #.  The email response you get in a day or two will say something about carrier selection for an iPad (which is obviously wrong and prompted me to call).  You then need to call back and talk to customer care to get the unlock code which is in your case notes.  To enter the code, put in a different carrier's SIM, go to the Admin website.  Security, SIM security, and then enter the unlock code.  It will be an 8 digit numeric code.  This unlocked the SIM and enabled me to use my Tmo account as a backup provider.  BUT, you do need to manually update the APN for your provider.  Not sure if it will save once you add.  When you switch SIM's back and forth you will likely need to choose the correct APN each time.  Obviously you need to own the device, too.  Don't let AT&T tell you its already unlocked (they're not -- just put a different SIM in and you will see).  Also don't let them tell you it cannot be unlocked, this is also nonsense.  They can be unlocked on AT&T, Telstra, and other carriers.  SInce the product is new (Nov 2017) the scripts and notes the tech's have (even Tier 2) don't yet cover this device.  Just be persistent !!!

All we need now is some new firmware from Netgear/AT&T (PLEASE).  A separate thread on this.

-Jonathan

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 2
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot MR1100

Hi JSchnee21,

Thanks so much for providing these steps to the community! :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos