× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 (MR1100)

Teewee4134
Guide

Nighthawk M1 (MR1100)

I will like to compare and share my Nighthawk MR1100 Routers experience.
Location Kuwait
I owned two Unlock Nighthawk hotspot routers (MR100), one from Australia (Telstra) and USA (att).
Both have the required Bands: B1, B3 and B7 to operate in Kuwait.
The Telstra Device when used with Telstra sim, everything works, speed was 100-300Mbps. When I returned to Kuwait, I replaced the sim with another carrier Zain Kuwait (local sim), speed was 0-10Mbps. Secondly, I got a generic screen with issues; unable to track data usage, unable to see how many device was connected, detecting device but three weeks later I received an update from Telstra and the device is now restored as if it had a Telstra sim from Australia. Great job Telstra -local sim card work and the Netgear app work too!!
My att Device when used with att sim, everything works- I was receiving speed up to 250Mbps sometimes. When I returned to Kuwait, I replaced the sim with the local carrier (Zain Kuwait). I received a new update alert on the device.
I installed. Update shows successful.
Then to my surprise the battery indicator now flickers and the data indicator shows full (like all data used). It gives a generic data tracking on the LCD screen- not the nice one that was there before the update.
I change the sim-card to a different local carrier (Ooredoo) and the results still same.
My speed is 0-30 Mbps.
Disappointed really disappointed!!!

I have tried hard factory reset, also via web using Chrome and safari, problem still there with att device…
So from my experience, if you used a different sim card apart from the one that was sold with the device originally i.e. att or Telstra or EE, you will get a generic screen, unable to track data, unable to track how many devices are connected and other issues.
Luckily, Telstra second update was a success and works good now with my local sim.
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 8
Teewee4134
Guide

Re: Nighthawk M1 (MR1100)

Yes, the unlocked ATT Netgear M1 is not working well after the update

The Telstra Netgear M1 start working good after receiving the second update

Message 2 of 8
Teewee4134
Guide

Explain: the network incompatibility you are talking about

Message 3 of 8
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Teewee4134,

I just wanted to confirm that you had AT&T unlock your device. 

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 4 of 8
Teewee4134
Guide

Yes Sir,
Att did unlock the (MR1100) device.
Message 5 of 8
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Teewee4134,

Please contact support and they will be able to help you with the issue.

Please let me know the outcome. :]

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx 

- Jason N

Message 6 of 8
newbie3
Aspirant

I use this router in the Philippines.

With the ISP Smart it works out of the box, the remaining traffic is displayed and the speed goes up to 50 Mbit which is good.

However, with Globe it doesn't work. On the control panel it also doesn't show a service number. No connection can be established. I tried it with 3 different SIM cards.

Since I mainly bought this router because of Globe it makes it quite useless for me.

Is there any solution for this?
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US), MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 7 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi newbie3, 

Did you configure APN settings for the said ISP? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7