× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14 Firmware Issues

S36
Follower
Follower

Nighthawk M1 NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14 Firmware Issues

My Nighthawk was functionion perfectly fine, AT&T pushed this NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14 firmware update, and now it's nothing but disconnects; several a minute at times. This is unbelievable. 

I've already factory reset the device, yet continue to have these issues where the internet stalls, or the device is frantically connecting to different bands and ultimately loses "connected" status. My signal is "Good" LTE. Before the update, I would constantly get 80-95 Mbps down/ 45-50 Mbps Up and NO disconnects when it'd utilize B2 band.

What can I expect?  

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
blcrews
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M1 NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14 Firmware Issues

I had prefect internet until this morning and all of the sudden my internet stopped working. I check the hotspot and found that even with 2-3 bars it keeps saying mobile boardnband disconnected, your data connection is disconnected. I have tried restarting and resetting the hotspot without any luck. It would appear that my devise updaed the firmware this morning and now I have no internet. 

Message 2 of 3
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1 NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14 Firmware Issues

@S36 wrote:

My Nighthawk was functionion perfectly fine, AT&T pushed this NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14 firmware update, and now it's nothing but disconnects; several a minute at times. This is unbelievable. 

I've already factory reset the device, yet continue to have these issues where the internet stalls, or the device is frantically connecting to different bands and ultimately loses "connected" status. My signal is "Good" LTE. Before the update, I would constantly get 80-95 Mbps down/ 45-50 Mbps Up and NO disconnects when it'd utilize B2 band.

What can I expect?  

Please follow the steps below to capture the log for debugging. 

Step 1: Open 192.168.1.1 on your browser.

Step 2: Input the account and password if necessary (admin/password)

Step 3: type 192.168.1.1/model.json

Step 4: Select everything (Ctrl + A), then copy-paste it into a text file.

Step 5: Save the text file as model.json_log.txt

Step 6: Submit the Log file

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7