× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M6 Pro - Drops Internet After 1-2 hours

Peopleschampgb
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro - Drops Internet after 1 minute or less

Thank you for replying back Bianca. I am using a Netgear MR6500SS-1A1NAS. The firmware version I have is NTGX65_12.01.16.01 and it is up to date. I have tried resetting to manufacturer defaults and powering off and back on. It drops coverage intermittently which is interfering with my job.
Message 76 of 80
Jbees
Aspirant

Bought M6Pro in February’24 and it’s always dropping internet. Spent a lot of money on this device as I’m not computer savvy and I wanted to reduce any likelihood of problems.
Having read that so many people have had issues with it I’m amazed that a company can get away with selling such a product but hey ho, a sign of the times we live in.
Message 77 of 80
AVInstaller
Tutor

I am on the same NTGX65_12.01.16.01 firmware and this thing is just not working. Seems to be stuck on 4G a lot and no longer gets any more that 1mbps upload speeds which makes it unusable for me. 

One of the most frustrating Network Equipment purchases I have ever made. 

Message 78 of 80
Diskman
Tutor

all need to get firmware NTGX65_12.01.48.01 which is the latest that AT&T has released so far fixes many of the issues you are dealing with. This firmware should be a firmware push from AT&T.

Message 79 of 80
Diskman
Tutor

Jbees , AvInstaller and all who are having dropped connection issues, you are not dropped you are just put in a lower priority and you need to remember that you are using a cell tower for your internet not a direct hard wired connection and over time you will need to reallocate your connection priority as AT&T will at there discretion lower your priority. Different locations use different reasoning's based on how saturated the tower is with traffic. My area is always over saturated as we are very rural area with few cell towers, which are all still 4G LTE and are being updated to 5G but who knows when that will actually take place. Make sure you are using the correct APN for your area this is most important. My area I can get up to 300MBps Down and 50MBps Up when traffic is low at 2-4 am. but when traffic is very high I am lucky to get 45MBPs Down and 8Mbps Up. Ping can be anywhere from 55 to 120 and my tower is only 300 yards from my house, so until 5G is completed these are our problems for using cell towers at 4G. Also if you have Firmware NTGX65_12.01.16.01 or older you will be dropping priority much quicker, back when I was on NTGX65_12.01.16.01 my priority would drop within 10-15 minutes now I get at least 2-3 hours as a minimum. Also the warm reboot feature without battery would not work until NTGX65_12.01.48.01, so getting up to firmware NTGX65_12.01.48.01 is most important to solve most issues right now. I also put a remote switch on my power supply to make it easy to reboot which now I only do twice a day, once in the morning and once at night and sometimes when traffic is very high once in afternoon, I used to need to reboot every 15 to 30 minutes every day that was mostly unusable for me. I can now mostly maintain around 70 to 100 Download if I follow this procedure. Hope this helps

Message 80 of 80
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7