× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6400 won't run without battery when tethered to computer

noryde
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6400 won't run without battery when tethered to computer

@Poizon83 wrote:
Hello John,
I recently purchased a Netgear Nighthawk M6 for use in my car as I do alot of disabilty support onsite and in the community were Wifi is needed. I was told by Optus that I can run it on 12v in my car with a 3A fuse as it is with in its specs. It now wont power up unless connected to 240v mains power, is there a way to power the router off 12v without a power inverter? I dont have the battery installed due to not wanting to butn the battery out.
And help would be appreciated as it is very frustrating.
Regards.
Poizon83.

your Netgear Nighthawk M6 is proving capricious when powered by 12V in your car. To address this, ensure the provided 3A fuse aligns with specifications. Consider checking the power cable's integrity, as any damage may impede functionality. Assess the compatibility of the 12V supply by verifying voltage stability. Delicately inspect the router's power input for any anomalies. It might be judicious to consult Netgear's customer support for tailored assistance. A car winch battery could serve as a temporary power source in a pinch if its specifications align.

Message 26 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7