× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR1100 mobile router SKU 6420B (unlocked) won't connect to Rogers in Canada

Nawem
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR1100 mobile router SKU 6420B (unlocked) won't connect to Rogers in Canada

I used this router on AT&T in the US - works fine.  Got it unlocked, and trying to connect to Rogers cell service in Canada (with Rogers sim card), and it will not connect! Anyone else done this successfully, or know how it's done?  Spent hours on phone with both Rogers and Netgear getting no where.  SKU is 6420B

They try to tell me that it may be using different bands, but is sees the tower fine and shows 5 bars of 4G LTE.  My Rogers cell phone works just fine on AT&T.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 mobile router SKU 6420B (unlocked) won't connect to Rogers in Canada

You need to set the APN manually for Rogers: lteinternet.apn. The device should work on Rogers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 mobile router SKU 6420B (unlocked) won't connect to Rogers in Canada

You need to set the APN manually for Rogers: lteinternet.apn. The device should work on Rogers.

Message 2 of 3
Nawem
Aspirant

Thanks John ! That apn works, and I am online. Rogers finally gave me the correct setting, after giving me the wrong apn!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7