× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Question on Netgear AC800S

cssaus
Aspirant

Question on Netgear AC800S

My daughter is looking at acquiring from OPTUS a Netgear AC800S mobile broadband modem to use in her new apartment.

I'm curious abour the performance she's likely to receive given that on the top of her building is an OPTUS tower broadcasting on the 700MHz, 1800MHz, 2300MHz & 2600MHz spectrums. My gut feeling is that it should be quite good unless somehow the performance is being arbitarily capped.

Is the AC800S supplied with an AC power adaptor that will allow the device to be permanently powered on?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Question on Netgear AC800S

Hi @cssaus,

The Optus AC800S is capable of getting upto 600Mbps downlink in good conditions.  Having the tower on top of her building will give her good signal quality.  The AC800S can be powered 24x7 with the supplied wall plug.  The AC800S is also compatible with the NETGEAR DC112A Smart Cradle.

Kind Regards,

ArodiD

Message 2 of 3
cssaus
Aspirant

Re: Question on Netgear AC800S

Hi ArodiD.

Thanks for your reply, all looks good.

Did a speed test to OPTUS on my iPhone X in the apartment and got 158 Mbps download and 36.2 Mbps upload and a ping time of 14ms. I wish my OPTUS cable modem gave me that level of performance! Who needs the NBN.

Cheers,
CSSAUS

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7