× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unable to see WiFi when dual band is selected on MR1100

pacmania1982
Initiate

Unable to see WiFi when dual band is selected on MR1100

Hi guys

I just received my Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) portable router. I turned it on and let it boot up but couldn't see the default SSID on my iPhone. I tried my iPad and got the same results. I tried a PC laptop and my MacBook Air but couldn't see it listed under the available WIFI networks. 

I used a USB cable and plugged it into my PC laptop, which detected it and opened Edge. I was able to complete the set up and confirm that WIFI is turned on. I changed the SSID name to something more memorable and a password of my choice and restarted the router. Again, no dice. 

I was fiddling with WIFI settings and found that if I leave it as dual band, I can't see the SSID being broadcast. If I set it to just 2.4GHz or just 5GHz then I can and I can connect without issue. Ideally I'd like to leave it set to dual band, but it's not the end of the world if I have to leave it at 2.4GHz. Just weird.  

Has anyone else had this problem? If so - what was the fix? The firmware is on the latest version. 

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to see WiFi when dual band is selected on MR1100

I'd exchange it.

It should be broadcasting both at the same time. 

You can always try a factory reset before you do. 

Plus make sure its on the latest firmware. 

Message 2 of 5
pacmania1982
Initiate

Hi 

Thanks for replying. As stated in my original post, it is on the latest firmware. I have tried doing a factory reset and still get the same behaviour. 

I might look at exchanging it, it's not the end of the world if it's only 2.4GHz or 5GHz only. Just annoying!

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You're correct, it isn't the end of the world but when something isn't functioning properly like that, I'd be concerned with the failure being progressive. Better to exchange it right away than having to fight right before a warranty expires. 

Message 4 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Can you help to capture a model.json file when the dual band WiFi is enabled.

Please send PM to me to check.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements