× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unable to set MR1100 as dedicated modem for deco mesh system

WaffleMoney
Aspirant

Unable to set MR1100 as dedicated modem for deco mesh system

I've been doing 'ok' with the settings so far, though I'm getting a lot of random issues, such as double NAT warnings and strict settings.  I found, and it makes sense, that my MR1100 is serving as the router and battling with my Deco mesh system that is also serving as the router.

I tried the settings suggest, (Mobile Router setup page) but I have NO setting on that page for 'Ethernet Standby' which I feel is a very important setting.  

I would continue to get a blinking amber light.  I went as far as changing the IP address, even though unnecessary because the deco system was not set to 192.168.1.1.  

Does anyone here still see the ETHERNET STANDBY setting on their admin page?  If not and you have success, I would love to know all your settings. 

I think my problems:

• No Ethernet Standby option
  • May be needing to fully reset my Deco mesh system after initial settings for modem as recommended on Mobile Router page, if the Ethernet Standy does not matter.
  • Needing to take the risk and change the USB to charge only for tethering.

Any help would be insanely appreciate. 

455BB883-6360-4987-B8C8-EA7AEE15BBFD.jpeg

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Unable to set MR1100 as dedicated modem for deco mesh system

Please let me know the SKU name and FW version of your device.

Thanks

Message 2 of 6
WaffleMoney
Aspirant

SKU: 6112B (Oddly not the typical sku I see out there)

FIrmware: NTG9X50C_10.20.05.00

Oddly enough I thought I had updated this but it is showing stuck at 0%, Downloading.

I do not have the option to upload the firmware file, which I have downloaded.  The option is completely removed and I only see the 0% status bar.

@JohnPeng wrote:

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
WaffleMoney
Aspirant

@JohnPeng wrote:

Thanks

Thank you for any help on this.  If my MR1100 is dead, I need to sort this out quick to get my internet up to speed.  The joy of living in rural areas. 

Message 4 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Yours is AT&T M1. To set the M1 as dedicated modem, you can try to disable Wifi and enable IP Passthrouhg on M1. Then connect the mesh system to M1's ethernet port. 

To upgrade your device to the latest release, please do a factory reset and try again. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
WaffleMoney
Aspirant

@JohnPeng wrote:

Yours is AT&T M1. To set the M1 as dedicated modem, you can try to disable Wifi and enable IP Passthrouhg on M1. Then connect the mesh system to M1's ethernet port. 

To upgrade your device to the latest release, please do a factory reset and try again. 

Thanks

Thank you for the reply.  It's frustrating that the firmware page redacts the ability to manually upload the file.  Oh well, I'll give it another shot.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7