× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unable to update official Firmware AC785-100EUS retail unlocked manually and OTA

OkosamaStarr
Aspirant

Unable to update official Firmware AC785-100EUS retail unlocked manually and OTA

PLS can someone help ?

I am unable to update to latest official Firmware OTA or manually.

FDT only gives error messages and OTA just hangs in checking for update....

C:\FDT>fdt -f AC785-100EUS_9903883_NTG9X25A_02.08.00.51_00_EMEA_01.09_00-field.spk
FDT version: 4.5.0.0
Checking modem mode ...
Disabling selective suspend ...
Switching device to boot & hold mode ...

Firmware download failed.
Primary error code: 51 - Failed to switch device to BOOT&HOLD mode.
Secondary error code: 51 - Failed to switch device to BOOT&HOLD mode.
Total time elapsed: 2075 ms.
Press Enter to continue ...

Message 1 of 3
OkosamaStarr
Aspirant

Re: Unable to update official Firmware AC785-100EUS retail unlocked manually and OTA

O.K....

really poor Support from Netgear...

Device is less than 6 month old and out of warrenty ?!?

I've managed to update the Firmware of the unlocked retail version after installing some Netgear Drivers found at Telstra Download Section using the official FTD Download Firmware file for te retail Version.

It was never pointed out at the retaiul suppport site, that you have to use special drivers, nor there is a documentaion howto do the fw upgrade.

The OTA update ist sill not working - however the device has now the latest FW published @THE etGear Download site for this specific device ....

guess next time I'll buy a HUAWEI or da Dovado .. 😕

Message 2 of 3
Ellioy
Aspirant

Re: Unable to update official Firmware AC785-100EUS retail unlocked manually and OTA

I had an identical problem, but with the Telstra model of this device.

I got it working by doing the following:

- Download the latest Driver (for your PC) for this device

- Plug the device into the PC, making sure your computer is 'Discoverable' by the device (eg. trusted network etc)

- (Not sure if this helped too) Put my PC into Airplane Mode - which disabled wireless and other connections.

Running the latest Firmware update then worked fine.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7