× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unwanted restarting

BrianPotts
Follower

Unwanted restarting

Hi,

I have just purchased, through Telstra, a Netgear Night hawk M2 and it keeps restarting after I shutdown. 
This may be problematic on flights. 
Is my unit defective or is there a way of keeping it shutdown?
It appears it only needs a light touch to start it up. 
Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 2
nighthawkm2
Aspirant

Re: Unwanted restarting

Hi Brian,

I also have the Telstra Nighthawk M2 mobile router and unfortunately I don't think it's defective but the product in general or the combination from Telstra. I've had mine for 12 months today and rebooting normally happens once or twice per day and performance is less than that of my mobile hotspotting with the same network.

Though as of today mine has been rebooting every 20 minutes even on the newest firmware so it could be a Telstra network problem but I can't confirm this. It would be great if there is a solution to make it work, so far it seems taking the battery out for me is more reliable but not by much.

It's a shame when Netgear generally performs well but I can tell you after my experience, I'll be looking for an alternative shortly.

I'd just make sure you have the firmware updating and if at a location with power plug it in and take out the battery.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7