× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

mr1100 needs rebooting

jpparkerjr
Aspirant

mr1100 needs rebooting

I am using this as a pass through to my router and several times a day I have to reboot the nighthawk to get to the internet. I am on att unlimited greater than 22gig plan. once I reboot its good for a while then you cant get to the internet but you can do a speedtest with OKLA app. I can log in to the hotspot but nothing seem wrong. I know its not the router cause it matters not if you I reboot it but soon as I reboot the hotspot internet comes back. the funny thing is the speed test is the same where the internet is working or not. Any ideas would be great. I am trying to not call ATT they took my unlimited plan from me last time without my permission and it was world war 3 trying to get it back took 5 hours on the phone. thx

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5
gyruss
Aspirant

Re: mr1100 needs rebooting

You're having the same problem I have and many others. Check this link.

Message 2 of 5
icaruspony
Luminary

In short, AT&T force routes all web data (port 80 and 443] through their own proxy server (probably to collect your information or to compress images).  This proxy stalls out after a combination of a certain amount of time and data.  We don't know if this is a bug in their web proxy or intentional.  People who call to complain or go to the FCC are told its their own devices fault or that their plan is not meant for a hotspot and are forced to switch to a limited plan, sometimes without permission, or have their lines canceled.

Message 3 of 5
jpparkerjr
Aspirant

yes they tried to take my unlimited from me had to threaten to get a lawyer and sue.

Message 4 of 5
jpparkerjr
Aspirant

Well after fighting with them with fcc complaint I’m no better off and was afraid to push too hard or they will take my unlimited plan again. Only other Option I have is satellite which is terrible and extremely expensive
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7