Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle Blocking Known Sites

kristib
Tutor

Circle Blocking Known Sites

My household uses the free Circle program. Around a month or two ago, Circle started randomly blocking sites we've visiting many times before and/or sites that do not fit any sort of blocked category (my bank site today, school sites that my kids have used before, etc.). Most of the time, you can refresh about 15 times and/or clear the browser cache, exit and re-open and then it will suddenly work. This is a HUGE hassle. I updated the router firmware which did not seem to help. Does anyone know what's causing this issue? Does Circle get updated when the router firmware updates or is it the same version that was installed when we bought the router a couple of years ago? 

I wish there was better support for Circle. If I go to the Circle website and indicate it's on my router, it brings me to Netgear and there doesn't really seem to be much support from Netgear.

Thanks for any help!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Circle Blocking Known Sites

Hello kristib,

Welcome to the community! May you provide us with the router model and firmware version your router is currently on.

Christian 

Message 2 of 10
ptweav75
Initiate

My circle filters/blocks most websites too.  Under history, I do not see the sites to "allow" them.  I have to set filter to "none" or disable circle to use internet.  Firmware V2.3.5.12_1.0.8

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 10
kristib
Tutor

Thanks. I do want to use Circle, so I don't want to disable it.

@ptweav75 wrote:

My circle filters/blocks most websites too.  Under history, I do not see the sites to "allow" them.  I have to set filter to "none" or disable circle to use internet.  Firmware V2.3.5.12_1.0.8

Message 4 of 10
kristib
Tutor

Thanks. Model: R7000/AC1900. Firmware Version V1.0.11.100_10.2.100.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 10
bwilford
Tutor

I have the same issue. It has occurred off and on and usually clears with a router reboot. However I’ve rebooted a few times in the last week and can’t get rid of the problem, other than turning Circle off. I’ve also found if I try the same site several times it may work eventually. By no means valid solutions, but hopefully the extra info can help someone fix the issue.
Message 6 of 10
jasonsf
Tutor

I am also having this issue. R6700v3 firmware v1.0.4.102_10.0.75
Message 7 of 10
bwilford
Tutor

Does anyone ever address issues posted here or is this just for customers to try helping each other since expired support gives no alternative.
Message 8 of 10
ptweav75
Initiate

They have been working on my issue since June with no luck. They sent a replacement Orbi but it did not resolve. I get a call from the Philippines every couple of weeks telling me they are still working on it, but have no timeline on resolution. Beyond frustrating.
Message 9 of 10
bwilford
Tutor

Circle has been highly disappointing anyway and the have what little capability there was broken is pretty pathetic. Thins needs fixed now and massive improvements to monitoring and notifications like tomorrow.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7