Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Failed to enable Circle with "Please check the connections to the Internet WAN port and cable/DSL mo

wilsonh
Aspirant

Failed to enable Circle with "Please check the connections to the Internet WAN port and cable/DSL mo

My R7000 currently on V1.0.9.34_10.2.36, failed to enable Circle with error message "Please check the connections to the Internet WAN port and cable/DSL modem."

The R7000 used to have Circle enabled. I downgraded to V1.0.0.14 to fix the slow Wifi problem a few months ago. The Circle could not be enabled since then.

Now that summer is over and school starts, I missed the Circle a lot. Upgrade the firmware to V1.0.9.34 and happy to observe that I don't have the slow WiFi problem. Unfortunately the Circle still failed with the exact error.

Any help?

Model: R7000P | AC2300 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Failed to enable Circle with "Please check the connections to the Internet WAN port and cable...

Hi @wilsonh,

Welcome to the community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Soul_revear
Aspirant

Re: Failed to enable Circle with "Please check the connections to the Internet WAN port and cab

Facing same problem here, not receiving the SMS for circle code. Can you please help me out?
Message 3 of 4
wilsonh
Aspirant

Re: Failed to enable Circle with "Please check the connections to the Internet WAN port and cab

@Soul_revear In my case it was very strange. Connected with the support team ( @DexterJB ) using a remote session (team viewer), and was able to enable it on the web UI without doing anything else. After the enablement I did continue to do 1) factory reset; 2) disalbe the "smart connect" which ended up with 2 wireless networks (2.4G/5G) to solve the issue of wifi performance degradation.

IMO either the team viewer session or the support team did some trick.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7