Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Circle Question

dsha06
Aspirant

Netgear Circle Question

Hello, I'm looking at getting a Nighthawk router that has Netgear Circle Basic included (with option to upgrade to Premium). This is the child monitoring app that can be applied on a device level. Here is my question that is not addressed on the Circle site: with either the basic or premium plans, can you specify exactly which sites ARE allowed for the user and block any sites that are NOT allowed? Google Family Link can do this. But, because my son's school has created a school gmail account for him to use with Google Classroom, I can't use his personal gmail account and cannot use Family Link for restrictions for his school work. So, I'm really hoping that with Netgear Circle, I can input and change the sites where my son can go, like classroom.google.com. Or, allow an entire domain like "gmail.com." That way, he can do his homework without much supervison and without the concern of accidental ad clicks, pop ups, or him wandering to other distracting sites.

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Circle Question

Hello dsha06, 

Thank you for your interest! With NETGEAR Circle you will be able to manage content and time online. Depending on the router, you may log into the router's admin settings and block certain websites you wished to be blocked. For example, check out the article linked below as our R7000 supports this feature and Circle.

https://kb.netgear.com/24053/How-do-I-block-Internet-sites-on-my-NETGEAR-router-using-the-router-web...

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series