Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Unable to Find Circle

Piupolino
Guide

Orbi Unable to Find Circle

I have an Orbi RBK40 with one satelite. Everything has been working fine for months and this morning my iPhone Circle app cannot connect to the Circle service on the Orbi. The message I get is "Unable to find Circle". The Orbi router and WiFi network is working fine, all my devices are still connected to the internet, it's just that the iPhone Circle app can't connect to administer the parental controls. Same problem is I connect via my iPad.

I've tried power cycling the Orbi router, deleting and re-installing the Circle app on my phone, resetting he router to factory settings, and tried setting up the app again by trying to "Find Circle" (I just get the Darn, Can't find Circle message. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Unable to Find Circle

Please post about this in the Circle app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/circle.aspx
https://kb.netgear.com/000044718/What-NETGEAR-routers-support-Circle-with-Disney

Good Luck.

@Piupolino wrote:

I have an Orbi RBK40 with one satelite. Everything has been working fine for months and this morning my iPhone Circle app cannot connect to the Circle service on the Orbi. The message I get is "Unable to find Circle". The Orbi router and WiFi network is working fine, all my devices are still connected to the internet, it's just that the iPhone Circle app can't connect to administer the parental controls. Same problem is I connect via my iPad.

I've tried power cycling the Orbi router, deleting and re-installing the Circle app on my phone, resetting he router to factory settings, and tried setting up the app again by trying to "Find Circle" (I just get the Darn, Can't find Circle message. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Piupolino, 

Please check out the following article from Circle:

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026673131-My-App-Says-that-It-Can-t-Connect-to-C...

Christian 

Message 3 of 11
Piupolino
Guide

Thanks. I tried and it worked for some hours. Then I had to do it all over again, until the problem returned. I have already upgraded to the latest drivers and the issue continues.

Message 4 of 11
Piupolino
Guide

Thanks Christian. I tried and it worked for some hours. Then I had to do it all over again, until the problem returned. I have already upgraded to the latest drivers and the issue continues.

Message 5 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Piupolino, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number for me to verify on our system.

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 6 of 11
Piupolino
Guide

Sure, how do I send you a private message?

Message 7 of 11
Piupolino
Guide

Also, the Orbi iPhone app Parental Controls Option keeps going back to Off

Message 8 of 11
Piupolino
Guide

And all the secuity options don't work anymore. My kids are exposed. Can I get someone from Netgear contacting me ASAP to solve this?

Message 9 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Piupolino - If you click on my name, you'll be brought to my profile page where you'll have the option to send me a private message. 

Christian 

Message 10 of 11
ViaScully
Aspirant

Same problem here. Anyone figure this out?
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7