Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ADSL Frequent Disconnections (DGN1000 Net Gear Router)

rahulras1993
Aspirant

ADSL Frequent Disconnections (DGN1000 Net Gear Router)

Hi Everyone,

Firstly my ISP is one of the best in my country , and I have used them for over 8 years now, but recently (a year or so) I have been having lot of random disconnects and sudden loss of speed back to 128 kbps etc. I have spoke to them about 10 times they keep saying my location is not suitable , BUT I am right in the city and about 2 km from their exchange!

Anyhow I have some statistics I can give you from my Modem, can you tell me what exactly is worrying here and what should I bring to their attention

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2102 Kbps 830 Kbps
Line Attenuation 51.7 dB 8.9 dB
Noise Margin 10.0 dB 8.9 dB

They won't accept their line is faulty , I even have phone problems with them, the line is not clear they have changed the ADSL Splitter about 4-5 times and also changed internal wiring in my house .

I need to have consistent internet because I sometimes stream videos Please help and I can provide any other info you may require

Thanks have a good day 🙂
Message 1 of 3
Weazel
Aspirant

Re: ADSL Frequent Disconnections (DGN1000 Net Gear Router)

its more than likely ur router the dgn1000 has problems try geting some cheap 2nd routers trying them seeing if same problems 
yea phone guys never bealeve there **bleep**ty work is to blame

joking here but if u were to sneaky patch ur phone line into the 11kv line they will soon get off there bum to fix it ull have new line new phone gear and everthink for you and ur neigbors XD dont do it its a bad joke ull be stupid to try but its a funny point

Message 2 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Re: ADSL Frequent Disconnections (DGN1000 Net Gear Router)

I'm not an expert at ADSL, but based on this FAQ (other websites have similar information), your Line Attenuation and Noise Margin numbers don't look that good.  

Is 2 km the actual length of your ADSL loop or is that the distance of your residence to the exchange?  The actual loop length could be much longer.  In any case, 2 km is not that close.  It's around maximum distance at which ADSL1 can operate at full speed.  ADSL2 has even shorter maximum distances.  Anyway, maybe your ISP is right about your location being unsuitable.  Can you get cable or fiber Internet service?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7